Luciana Jury | The Philippine Esports Awards is an annual award ceremony that showcases top-tier talent in the Philippines Esports Community. The event kicks off on March 25th at the National Science Complex Amphitheater, College of Science, University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City from 6pm to 9pm.
Through the stewardship of Esports News PH and Eplayment, through a partnership with the Games and Amusement Board (GAB), Department of Information Communication and Technology (DICT), and the Philippine Esports Organization (PESO), the Philippine Esports Awards is a complete celebration of homegrown talents from both casual and competitive gaming to achieve a healthier Philippine Esports Community.
We want to foster sportsmanship and inspire aspiring athletes and organizations to bring positive impact to both grassroots levels locally and globally to this branch of the creative industry.
- 2022 Esports Creative Team of the Year – Awarded to the Producer and Director of the specific Esports Campaign or Event
- 2022 Esports Production of the Year Team – Awarded to the Producer and Director of the specific Esports Campaign or Event
- Smart Communication 2022 Esports Event of the Year – Awarded to the Events Creator, Producer and Director of the specific Esports Event
- 2022 Esports Journalist of the Year – Awarded to the highest-rated Esports Journalist that embodies creative and accurate pieces
- 2022 Esports Content Creator of the Year – Awarded to the highest rated Talent/Athlete that produces quality and relevant content in the Philippine Esports scene
- 2022 Esports and Gaming Community Positive Influencer of the Year – Awarded to the highest-rated Talent/Athlete who goes above and beyond his call of duty to be an inspiring figure within the Esports and Gaming Community
- 2022 Esports Personality of the Year – Awarded to the highest rated Talent/Athlete that champions the Esports scene in the Philippines
- 2022 Esports Analyst of the Year – Awarded to the highest rated Talent that specializes in post-game analytics
- 2022 Esports Colour Caster of the Year – Awarded to the highest-rated Talent that presents accurate and unique analysis during gameplay
- 2022 Esports Play-by-Play Caster of the Year – Awarded to the highest rated Talent that engages his/her viewer through terms and style during gameplay
- 2022 Esports Cosplayer of the Year – Awarded to the highest-rated Talent that emerged to be the most creative use of material costume development and styling of iconic Esports characters
- Mineski 2022 Esports Organization – Awarded to the highest-rated Esports organization that is a pillar of the Esports Community
- 2022 Esports Game Title of the Year – Awarded to the most played and voted Esports Game Title in the Philippines
- 2022 Esports Pro Mobile Athlete of the Year – Awarded to the Athlete with the best performance in his gaming criteria
- CignalTV 2022 Esports Team of the Year – Awarded to Professional Esports Team with the most achievements in both local and global
- 2022 Esports Coach of the Year – Awarded to the Coach who effectively brought his team to championship pedigree
- 2022 Esports Rookie of the Year – Awarded to the Rookie Athlete with the best performance
- 2022 Esports Game Publisher of the Year – Awarded to the most greatly rated Game Publisher here in the Philippines
- 2022 Esports Pro Controller Athlete of the Year – Awarded to the Athlete with the best performance in his gaming criteria
- 2022 Esports Pro PC Athlete of the Year – Awarded to the Athlete with the best performance in his gaming criteria
- San Miguel Corp. 2022 Athlete of the Year – Awarded to the Athlete who possesses both the skills and leadership in his team and community
- Venue: National Science Complex Amphitheater, College of Science, University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City
- Date / Time: The 2022 PH Esports Awards will be held on March 25, 2023 from 6PM-9PM.
Brought to you by
Esports News PH • Eplayment • Games and Amusement Board • Department of Information Communication and Technology • Philippine Esports Organization
CignalTV • San Miguel Corporation • Mineski Global • Smart Communication
Fantech Philippines • 1hora • EasyPC
The Philippine Esports Awards
Based on a Philippine legend, the creator of the world, Bathala had a son named Apolaki and a daughter named Mayari. The light that shone upon the world and enabled all creatures to see all came from both the bright eyes of Apolaki and Mayari, so all the creatures lived under a bright light not knowing night at that time.
Bathala himself loved his children, and he watched over them as they wandered across the earth and clouds of heaven. And because the eyes of Apolaki and Mayari shone continuously, it was always day on the earth
Later on, Bathala grew weak with age and died. Then Apolaki and Mayari had a battle for they both wanted to rule the Earth. “I am the man and I should ascend and succeed my father to the throne,” said Apolaki. “I will rule the world, whether you like it or not.”
Mayari raged with anger and said, “I am also my father’s child and also have the same right to sit on the throne too.”
The conflict became worse, so they battle each other under epic scenarios which inspired modern Esports games today. They fought until at last Apolaki hit Mayari in the head and she became blind in one eye.
When he saw his sister injured, Apolaki took pity and said, “Let us stop fighting my sister and instead share our father’s kingdom equally – to rule jointly in time and quarrel no more.”
Mayari hereafter forged a pact with Apo Laki, and from then on, Apolaki, whom today we know as the Sun, has ruled the world half the time while Mayari, whom we know now as the Moon, has ruled with her brother equally in time.
When Apolaki is on the throne, the world is filled with the warm light of the day, because the light emanates from his two bright eyes. On the other side, during the reign of Mayari or night – the world calmly gets dim and gentle light through her one eye.
It is this tale that has inspired PH esports awards to call the prize handed out an ” Apoyari” – a portmanteau of both Apo Laki and Mayari, a testament of competition and drive to succeed but also serve a reminder that excellence in sports can be collectively shared, enjoyed and be in service to a nation and community.